Filing a Part D Grievance
A grievance is any complaint you may have other than one that involves a Coverage Determination. You must file a grievance either orally or in writing no later than 60 days after the event or incident that led to the grievance. These are some examples of the types of problems that may lead you to file a grievance:
- You feel that you are being encouraged to leave (disenroll from) AbilityCare.
- There are problems with the service you receive.
- You wait too long on the phone or in the pharmacy.
- There are problems with the cleanliness or condition of pharmacy.
- You disagree with our decision not to give you a “fast” Coverage Determination or Appeal.
You will receive a response within:
- 24 hours if your grievance involves a refusal to give you a “fast” Coverage Determination or Appeal.
- 30 calendar days for all other grievances. We may extend the timeline by up to 14 calendar days if you ask for an extension or we justify a need for additional information and the delay is in your best interest.
If you have a grievance, you may call Member Services.
You can also mail your grievance to:
South Country Health Alliance
Owatonna, MN 55060
More Information for AbilityCare
2017 AbilityCare Member Materials