Medical Assistance (PMAP)
South Country Health Alliance’s Medical Assistance (PMAP) is our largest program. PMAP is health care coverage for children, families, pregnant women, and adults under age 65 that meet Minnesota income requirements. To be eligible, you must live in Brown, Dodge, Goodhue, Kanabec, Morrison, Todd, Sibley, Steele, Wabasha, Wadena, or Waseca counties (see map). PMAP eligibility is determined by a financial worker in your county.
In addition to medical, dental, and eye care, PMAP members can receive these health care services:
- Two dental preventive visits and fluoride varnishes per year
- Free car seats for eligible children up to 8 years old
- Preventive care and well care rewards for completing screenings and well care visits
- Free rides to health care appointments (only available for covered appointments with network providers)
- Free translation service if English is not your first language
- A local Community Care Connector who can help you with coverage or provider issues
You must be qualified in order to enroll in PMAP. To find out if you qualify you will need to do one of the following:
- Call or visit your local county human services office.
- Call Minnesota Health Care Programs at 1-800-657-3739 or TTY 1-800-627-3529 or 711.
- Apply online on the Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS) website.
See Medical Assistance eligibility information from DHS.
If you have any questions about South Country Health Alliance or our Medical Assistance program, call Member Services. A Member Services specialist will be happy to answer your questions.