SharedCare is a Special Needs BasicCare (SNBC) program for people with disabilities who live in our 9-county service area. SharedCare is designed to help people with disabilities access the health care, medications, and support services they need. There are no additional costs to join SharedCare.
To be eligible for SharedCare you must:
- Be certified disabled by the Social Security Administration or State Medical Review Team (SMRT);
- Be at least 18 and under the age of 65 at the time of enrollment;
- Be eligible for Medical Assistance;
- Live in our service area (see service area map) .
If you also have Original Medicare or Medicare with another health plan, you are still eligible for SharedCare. SharedCare eligibility is determined by a financial worker in your county.
- A large network of providers where members can receive care without referrals
- A Community Care Connector located in the county who helps members get the services and supports they need
- Nurse24 nurse advice line, available 24/7 (phone number listed on the back of your SCHA member ID card)
- Care Coordination services
Not a Member Yet?
There are many more benefits to being a SharedCare member, and the best part is, there is no extra cost to you! See How to Enroll for more information. Or, if you wish to speak with someone about your enrollment questions, please call the number below. We are happy to help!
Enrollment Questions and Assistance
You may end your membership in our plan at any time. Ending your membership in our plan is voluntary (your own choice). See “Cancellation” in Section 2 of the Member Handbook (under Member Materials to the right).
Member Rights and Responsibilities
For Member Rights and Responsibilities, see Sections 3 and 4 in the Member Handbook (under Member Materials to the right).