Community Well: Comprehensive Health Assessment
Comprehensive Health Assessment
Comprehensive health assessment must be completed within the first 30 days of enrollment and no more than 365 days after the previous face-to-face. Assessments and reassessments MUST be face-to-face.
Health assessments must be completed within 30 days of enrollment if a member switches SCHA products (MSC+ to SeniorCare Complete, AbilityCare to SeniorCare Complete).
Health assessments do not have to be completed if the member switches programs (Community Well to Elderly Waiver, Elderly Waiver to Nursing Home). The member’s health assessment would be updated during his/her annual reassessment.
LTCC (DHS-3428-ENG) or Comprehensive Health and Wellness Assessment (available in CCM) can be used as the tool to complete the health assessment/reassessment.
If the member switches SCHA products or transfers from another health plan and has a current LTCC/health assessment, a review or update of the health assessment with the member will be accepted.
- The review MUST be completed within 30 days of enrollment and be face-to-face with the member.
- Document in contacts that the comprehensive health assessment was completed and the tool that was used.
- Document any member health and safety changes on the tool and in MMIS.
- If the LTCC is used, please write under the R1 or R2 column that the review/update is the member’s health assessment.
ALL fields must be completed or marked as “not applicable” in the assessment tool in order for the assessment to be included complete.
LTC Screening Document (DHS-3427H-ENG) (pdf) needs to be entered into MMIS within 30 days of enrollment. DO NOT enter a LTC Screening Document if the member has a DD Screening or CADI/CAC/TBI LTC Screening Document entered. A member can refuse the comprehensive health assessment. If this happens, document the refusal in contact notes and enter a MMIS screening document using the refusal codes.
- Health Care Case Coordinator form (DHS-4474-ENG)
- Health Risk Assessment MnCHOICES Review – now found on CCM