South Country Health Alliance was founded by a group of counties with a common vision that rural communities benefit when health care is locally governed, organized, and delivered. The current eleven counties that own South Country Health Alliance continue to share in that promise to build healthier rural communities using local health care resources and talents.
The Joint Powers Board, partnering county agencies, administrative personnel, and network providers are committed to delivering efficient and effective services in a manner that continuously improves the quality of care and the health status of members. This is achieved through a care management and service delivery model that is integrated in partnership with local county-based health and human service resources; it incorporates medical, public health and social services, and enables South Country Health Alliance’s members to receive services in a comprehensive and cohesive manner.
South Country Health Alliance’s Quality Program is the framework that guides the formal process for evaluating and improving the quality and appropriateness of health care services and the health status of our members. The goals of our Quality Program include:
- Establish effective partnerships with individual providers, clinic systems, and provider networks committed to quality care;
- Establish and measure performance expectations that include clinical outcomes and/or processes, functional outcomes, satisfaction, access, and resource utilization among members;
- Improve the clinical and functional outcomes of our members over time;
- Improve member satisfaction and our understanding of which factors contribute to satisfaction;
- Ensure appropriate access to care and services; and
- Meet or exceed regulatory requirements such as quality activities set by South Country Health Alliance’s governing agencies, regulations of MDH, CMS, and DHS, and public health goals for the counties in our service area.
Accessing input and resources from the specialists in member-counties rests at South Country Health Alliance’s core. Essentially everything important we do, including quality improvement work, is done from the “county perspective” and in most cases the operational models use local county resources and county staff.
South Country Health Alliance understands and embodies the value of working with local communities to improve health and health care. This attitude and approach has evolved over time; we are an accountable, locally based entity focused on improving rural health care. True to our mission, we remain committed to delivering efficient and effective local health care in a manner that supports and improves the well-being of our members.
- Quality Program Description (pdf)
- Star Ratings Summary (pdf)
- DHS CAHPS Survey Results (web)
- Member Satisfaction with Care Coordination (pdf)
- Model of Care (pdf)
- Focused Study: Healthy Pathways (pdf)
- Focused Study: SNBC Dental Access Improvement Project (pdf)
- Focused Study: Annual Diabetic Retinal Exam (pdf)
- Focused Study: Chronic User Opioid (pdf)