Minnesota Senior Care Plus (MSC+) is a program offered to those in our 8-county service area (see service area map) who are 65 years of age or older and are eligible for Medical Assistance.
The MSC+ program includes all your regular Medical Assistance benefits, as well as Elderly Waiver services (if eligible).
In addition to medical, dental, and eye care, MSC+ members can receive these health care services:
- Two dental preventive visits and fluoride varnishes per year
- Preventive care and well care rewards for completing screenings and well care visits
- Free rides to health care appointments (only available for covered appointments with network providers)
- Free translation service if English is not your first language
- A local Community Care Connector who can help you with coverage or provider issues
You must be qualified in order to enroll in MSC+. To find out if you qualify you will need to do one of the following:
- Call or visit your local county human services office.
- Call Minnesota Health Care Programs at 1-800-657-3739 or TTY 1-800-627-3529 or 711.
- Print and fill out an application from this link (external link) on the Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS) website.
If you have any questions about South Country Health Alliance or our MSC+ program, call Member Services. A Member Services specialist will be happy to answer your questions.
For Member Rights and Responsibilities, see Sections 3 and 4 in the Member Handbook (under Member Materials to the right).