Take Charge!™ Wellness Programs
South Country promotes preventive care and staying healthy. Our mission is to empower and engage our members to be as healthy as they can be. To do this, we offer a variety of incentives and rewards for every level of member we serve. We work with your local community resources and providers to help you be as healthy as you can be.
- Be Active™ exercise reward program
- Be Rewarded™ preventive and well-care rewards
- Be Buckled™ free car seat and car seat training
- Community education class discounts
- Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE) class discounts
- Embracing Life Prenatal Calendar guide and online content for pregnant women
- Read about our programs in more detail in the
Take Charge!™ Brochure for Medicaid programs (pdf-English) (pdf-Spanish) (pdf-Somali) or
Take Charge!™ Brochure for AbilityCare and SeniorCare Complete (pdf-English) (pdf-Spanish) (pdf-Somali)
- Take Charge!™ Wellness Checklist
Be Active™ Exercise Reward Program*
South Country offers the Be Active™ program that rewards members for exercising. South Country AbilityCare, SingleCare, SharedCare, MSC+, and SeniorCare Complete members will be eligible for up to $20 off the cost of their monthly health club membership fees. Here’s how it works:
- Join a participating health club. Click here to find a participating health club in your community (external link). Is your local club not on the list? If not, call Member Services for help nominating your health club for the Be Active™ program.
- Sign up for the Be Active™ program. Fill out the Be Active™ program enrollment form at your health club. Remember to bring your member ID card with you.
- Exercise! SingleCare, SharedCare, and MSC+ members will be reimbursed up to $20 off your monthly membership fee each month with a minimum of four visits per month. SeniorCare Complete and AbilityCare members will be reimbursed up to $20 off your monthly membership fee each month with no minimum amount of visits. We recommend you record your attendance at a health club for each workout completed.
Members must be enrolled with South Country and the health club during the month they exercise. Members must complete the Be Active™ program enrollment form at the health club prior to participating. You’ll see your discount 30-60 days after you’ve exercised. You’ll continue to get the discount every month you’re eligible.
Be Rewarded™ Preventive and Well-Care Rewards
Go to the doctor and get a gift card! South Country wants to encourage you to take care of your health and your family’s health. Find out how you can earn rewards by downloading a voucher from the list below.
- Prenatal Care Voucher (pdf-English) (pdf-Spanish)
- Postpartum Care Voucher (pdf-English) (pdf-Spanish)
- Infant Well-Care Visit Voucher (pdf-English) (pdf-Spanish)
- Young Adult Well-Care Visit Voucher (pdf-English)
- Dental Visit Voucher-for seniors & SNBC members (pdf-English) (pdf-Spanish)
- Colorectal Cancer Screening Voucher (pdf-English)
- Mammogram Screening Voucher (pdf-English)
- Cervical Cancer Screening Voucher (pdf-English)
Be Buckled™ Free Car Seat Program
South Country will provide one car seat per child age 7 and younger, per lifetime, along with training on how to safely use the car seat. Call your local county public health office to learn more about this program and to schedule a time to receive your child’s car seat and training.
Community Education Discounts
Community Education offers classes for both children and adults. Brush up on special skills or learn a new hobby. South country will cover up to $15 of the registration fee for most Community Education classes (up to 5 per calendar year). Call your local Community Education office or Member Services for more information.
Embracing Life Online
Embracing Life is a calendar guide and companion website pages for new and expecting mothers. They have helpful information about prenatal care and care for newborns during their first year of life. The printed guide includes a pregnancy calendar for you to follow from week to week. Call Member Services to ask for a copy or download it from the Embracing Life Online pages.
Toll Free: 1-866-567-7242
TTY: 1-800-627-3529 or 711
Mon-Fri 8am to 5pm
For SeniorCare Complete & AbilityCare
8am-8pm, 7 days a week, October - March
8am-8pm, Mon-Fri, April - September