Take Charge!™ Wellness Programs
South Country promotes preventive care and staying healthy. Our mission is to empower and engage our members to be as healthy as they can be. To do this, we offer a variety of incentives and rewards for every level of member we serve. We work with your local community resources and providers to help you be as healthy as you can be.
- Be Active™ exercise reward program
- Be Rewarded™ preventive and well-care rewards
- Be Buckled™ free car seat and car seat training
- Community education class discounts
- Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE) class discounts
- Embracing Life Prenatal Calendar guide and online content for pregnant women
- Read about our programs in more detail in the
Take Charge!™ for Adults & Families Brochure (pdf-English) or
Take Charge!™ for Seniors Brochure (pdf-English)
- Take Charge!™ Wellness Checklist
Be Active™ Exercise Reward Program
South Country offers the Be Active™ program that rewards members for exercising. South Country AbilityCare, SingleCare, SharedCare, MSC+ and SeniorCare Complete members will be eligible for up to $20 off the cost of their monthly health club membership fees. There is no limit per household, as long as each participant is eligible and enrolled during the respective month and has a paid health club membership. Here’s how it works:
- JOIN a participating health club. Click here to find a participating health club in your community (external link). Is your local club not on the list? If not, call Member Services for help nominating your health club for the Be Active™ program.
- SIGN UP for the Be Active™ program. Fill out the Be Active™ program enrollment form at your health club. Remember to bring your member ID card with you. Or go to NIHCArewards.org. Under MEMBER options choose First Time Enrollment. Follow the steps to get enrolled. You can also scan the QR code on this page to start to enroll.
- EXERCISE! SingleCare, SharedCare and MSC+ members will be reimbursed up to $20 off your monthly membership fee each month with a minimum of four visits per month. SeniorCare Complete and AbilityCare members will be reimbursed up to $20 off your monthly membership fee each month with no minimum amount of visits. We recommend you record your attendance at a health club for each workout completed.
Members must be enrolled with South Country and the health club during the month they exercise. Members must complete the Be Active™ program enrollment prior to participating. You’ll see your discount 30-60 days after you’ve exercised. You’ll continue to get the discount every month you’re eligible.
Be Rewarded™ Preventive and Well-Care Rewards
Go to the doctor and get a gift card! South Country wants to encourage you to take care of your health and your family’s health. Find out how you can earn rewards by downloading a voucher from the list below.
- Prenatal Care Voucher (pdf English); (pdf Espanol)
- Postpartum Care Voucher (pdf English); (pdf Espanol)
- Infant Checkups Voucher NEW! (pdf English); (pdf Espanol)
- Well-Child Visit Voucher NEW! (pdf English); (pdf Espanol)
- Child & Adolescent Well-Care Visit Voucher NEW! (pdf English); (pdf Espanol)
- Childhood Immunizations Voucher NEW! (pdf English); (pdf Espanol)
- Immunizations for Adolescents Voucher NEW! (pdf English); (pdf Espanol)
- Lead Tests Voucher NEW! (pdf English); (pdf Espanol)
- Chlamydia Testing Voucher NEW! (pdf English); (pdf Espanol)
- Preventive Dental Care Voucher for SeniorCare Complete, MSC+, AbilityCare, SingleCare and SharedCare members only (pdf English); (pdf Espanol)
- Colorectal Cancer Screening Voucher (pdf English); (pdf Espanol)
- Breast Cancer Screening Voucher (pdf English); (pdf Espanol)
- Cervical Cancer Screening Voucher (pdf English); (pdf Espanol)
TAKE OUR SURVEY! If you have participated in our rewards program we'd love to get your feedback. Click the link or scan the QR code.
Be Buckled™ Free Car Seat Program
South Country will provide one car seat per child age 8 and younger, per lifetime, along with training on how to safely use the car seat. Call your local county public health office to learn more about this program and to schedule a time to receive your child’s car seat and training.
Community Education Discounts
Community Education offers classes for both children and adults. Brush up on special skills or learn a new hobby. South Country will cover up to $15 of the registration fee for most Community Education classes (up to 5 per calendar year). Call your local Community Education office or Member Services for more information.
Embracing Life is a calendar guide and companion website pages for new and expecting mothers. They have helpful information about prenatal care and care for newborns during their first year of life. The printed guide includes a pregnancy calendar for you to follow from week to week. Call Member Services to ask for a copy or download it from the Embracing Life Online pages.
Toll Free: 1-866-567-7242
TTY: 1-800-627-3529 or 711
Mon-Fri 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
For SeniorCare Complete & AbilityCare
8 a.m. to 8 p.m., 7 days a week, October - March
8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Mon-Fri, April - September
If you run a community program such as Community Education or ECFE, click the link above for resources to help make our work together better! This information is intended for service providers, not members.