Take Charge!™ Wellness Programs
South Country promotes preventive care and staying healthy. Our mission is to empower and engage our members to be as healthy as they can be. To do this, we offer a variety of incentives and rewards for every level of member we serve. We work with your local community resources and providers to help you be as healthy as you can be.
- Be Active™ exercise reward program
- Be Rewarded™ preventive and well-care rewards
- Be Buckled™ free car seat and car seat training
- Community education class discounts
- Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE) class discounts
- Prenatal Calendar for pregnant women
- Read about our programs in more detail in the Take Charge!™ Brochure for Medicaid programs (pdf) or Take Charge!™ Brochure for AbilityCare and SeniorCare Complete
Be Active™ Exercise Reward Program*
South Country offers the Be Active™ program that rewards members for exercising. South Country AbilityCare and SeniorCare Complete members will be eligible for up to $20 off the cost of their monthly health club membership fees. Here’s how it works:
- Join a participating health club. Click here to find a participating health club in your community. Is your local club not on the list? If not, call Member Services for help nominating your health club for the Be Active™ program.
- Sign up for the Be Active™ program. Fill out the Be Active™ program enrollment form at your health club. Remember to bring your member ID card with you.
- Exercise! You will be reimbursed up to $20 off your monthly membership fee each month. Record your attendance at a health club for each workout completed.
Members must be enrolled with South Country and the health club during the month they exercise. Members must complete the Be Active™ program enrollment form at the health club prior to participating. You’ll see your discount 30-60 days after you’ve exercised. You’ll continue to get the discount every month you’re eligible.
*The BeFit™ program ends on 12/31/18 and will no longer be offered.
Be Rewarded™ Preventive and Well-Care Rewards
Go to the doctor and get a gift card! SCHA wants to encourage you to take care of your health and your family’s health. Find out how you can earn rewards by downloading a voucher from the list below.
- Pregnancy Care Voucher (pdf)
- Infant Well-Care Visit Voucher (pdf)
- Young Adult Well-Care Visit Voucher (pdf)
- Dental Visit Voucher (pdf) – for seniors and SNBC members
Be Buckled™ Free Car Seat Program
SCHA will provide one car seat per child age 7 and younger, per lifetime, along with training on how to safely use the car seat. Call your local county public health office to learn more about this program and to schedule a time to receive your child’s car seat and training.
Community Education Discounts
Community Education offers classes for both children and adults. Brush up on special skills or learn a new hobby. SCHA will cover up to $15 of the registration fee for most Community Education classes (up to 5 per calendar year). Call your local Community Education office or Member Services for more information.
Call Member Services